At Home With Rowena

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Same blog - different name!

Decided to change blog name to Gramarye. After all, that is what I have named our house, and the main focus of my blogging is to do with what it says under the title: Magic, Nature, and Spirituality!

The word itself has its origin in medieval English, where the word 'grammar' was often used instead of 'latin'. Thus, a grammar school was a place you went to learn Latin. Seeing as the priests of the time, who were obviously well-learned, undertook their rituals in Latin, ordinary folk, unable to read or write, linked the rituals and the language with unearthly power. Therefore, 'gramarye' meant both 'grammar' as in the formation of sentences and learning, while also carrying the idea of occult knowledge.

As I've said before, I came across the name in James Herbert's book 'The Magic Cottage', and it was from that moment that I yearned for a magic cottage of my own! I never expected to get my wish, but when the wish became a reality I knew that for the first time ever, my home would have it's own name - Gramarye.

There's nothing wrong with having dreams, however unrealistic they may seem to others. Our dreams are the power behind every action we take to attempt to fill our ideals. And if we hold on tight to those dreams, no matter how difficult the terrain, sometimes, just sometimes, they come true!

Love and blessings,

Ro

xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. How true Ro! Love your new name, makes sense. Sometimes dreams really do come true, if you hold on to them! suzie. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought the name was more appropriate. I accidentally came across another Gramarye blog from a lady called Erica, in Australia, so have become a follower - her blog is a mixture of your craft and my witchy stuff - and looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete